Thursday, June 30, 2011

Random Thoughts



My passion is ...my family. I can't imagine life without any of them...yes, even the dogs!



My parents always told me ......if you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Everyone has feelings and feelings are very fragile. This is a valuable life lesson. Words are important. They can wound deeper than anything you can physically do to a person, the wounds are so deep they are often unseen. I know this is sometimes a very hard thing to remember - life can come at you fast and sometimes words get blurted out, but remember the flip side of that coin is also true - words can also inspire someone and lift them higher than they have ever been before. It all goes back to "it's not so much what you say, as it is how you say it." It is the thought, the feeling and emotion behind the word that gives it so much strength.


My childhood ambition ...To write books! I love to write, to meet my characters and help them tell their stories. I feel like characters in a story need to be multi-dimensional. You need to really know your character, not just in the moment, but on a personal level, what has led them to this moment ~~ how they became who they are and how they react, in order to tell their story well.

My favorite memory ...there are so many to choose from, I couldn't possibly say. I have been blessed. This is very true. I have so many good memories from early childhood right up to now; choosing one to be my favorite would be like trying to select my favorite snowflake~~ they are all so beautiful and unique, how can you possibly choose? Why I write ...it's a great creative outlet. I love to write...many genres...many ideas. I read somewhere that you should, every so often, write something that is outside of your comfort zone ~~ maybe something in a different genre. It tests you and stretches you and gives you a different perspective to look at and write about. What I am reading/watching/listening to ...ahhhh.....that is ever changing (lol).


My first full time job ......was working with autistic and schizophrenic children. That was awesome, life altering. You can really make a huge difference in someone’s life if you just take the time to care and show them you care.

My best moment ...was becoming a mother ~~ how can you possibly top that?....well, okay, my son's graduation was pretty awesome too! I have never felt so much pride before ~ you know how they say you are so full of pride you feel like you could just burst...I had always thought that was an exaggeration, but it's true! My inspiration ...definitely my son. I hope someday to be able to live up the image he has always made me feel that he had of me.

Are you playing along in our little game? Mention "If Wishes Were Fishes by NA Sharpe, illustrations by Ginger Nielson, is now available on Kindle and Nook" wherever you leave your cyber footprints and let me know when and where you posted any you will be entered in a drawing for a prize pack - the better the book's ratings get on Kindle and/or B&N the bigger the prize packs. How much of a buzz can we create? Just a thought...


TweetIt from HubSpot




0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com