Friday, November 2, 2007

NaNoWri Challenge: Day 2

Well, it is the second day of the annual NaNoWritMo insanity. This is my first attempt at the challenge -- to write a 50,000 word (or more if you like) novel in 30 days.

In order to accomplish this my handy dandy calculator tells me my target is 1,667 words a day. So far, I have written 3,602 so I am slightly above my target word count. I actually want to write a bit extra each day to allow for the unexpected...yeah, I know, I'm really compulsive that way, what can I say?

I hope to step it up a bit, but I am also still finishing some research for the novel. This is a big difference for me, I usually write in the YA fantasy adventure genre and haven't run into areas where I need much research. I am double challenging myself, though, not only to get myself into better focused writing habits, but also to step outside of my comfort zone into a different genre. I am trying my hand at a mystery/suspense novel. This is where I run into the research aspect, trying to keep things within the scope of reality. So far, I think it is going fairly well, and I'm actually having fun!

Keep your fingers crossed for me and wish me luck, please! I'm off to try to research a bit more.

Happy writing!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com