Monday, October 4, 2010

Fantasy Revisited


With great excitement I watched the JK Rowling interview that recently aired on the Oprah Winfrey show. I am a huge fan of her work. As we all know, I love to immerse myself in the world of fantasy – and her books are some of the best of this generation. The mere thought of the possibility of books 8, 9 and 10 were like catnip to me, the muse was flowing and my own beloved Netherscape (and another current work in progress) sprang to life. The words flew easily and it felt wonderful. In case you haven’t seen it – here’s part one – it’s a great interview well, worth the time to watch.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the clip. I don't watch TV during the day so hadn't seen the interview ... of an author I admire greatly. I don't know how many "non-readers" or "only in school readers" I know she converted.

N A Sharpe said...

I don't watch daytime tv either...but I heard a rumor about this one and had to check it out. I heard she announced a few months ago her new book was forthcoming and I love JK's writing style. I agree, the HP series has done a lot for bringing folks back to reading.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com