Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Childhood Lessons From the Looking Glass



Recenty I found a very interesting article entitled the Winnie the Pooh Guide to Blogging. Once again, this bear of little brain comes through with marvelous pearls of wisdom. And, as we all know, this cannot be an easy feat when your head is full of fluff. (BTW this really is a good article.)

From there my little brain got to wandering through a plethora of treasures from childhood literature contemplating many great lessons I have learned and insights gained.

Dick and Jane taught me to finish what I start and to appreciate a great love of reading.

Nancy Drew taught me to believe in myself. She taught lessons of observation, to use the art of reason and to think things through.

Dorothy Gale (Wizard of Oz) taught me “There’s no place like home”

Augustus Goop (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) taught me not to scarf the chocolate. Oh, okay, fine…the lesson of moderation.

Alice (Alice in Wonderland) taught me that things just get curiouser and curiouser.

Peter Pan taught me to think happy thoughts, and to believe in pixies and the wonderment of childhood...and, whenever you're lost, look to the second star to the right for the magic of NeverNever Land.

Pinocchio taught me dreams can come true.


Cinderella taught me a dream is a wish your heart makes….and that a great pair of shoes can change your life.

And, perhaps two of my favorite lessons:

Dumbledore (Harry Potter) taught me that “it is our choices that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities”.

And…

Christopher Robin (Winnie the Pooh) taught me to always remember: “You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Just a thought...





What have your favorite characters taught you?


Like this post? Tweet It! Go ahead, you know you want to!
TweetIt from HubSpot

2 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

That Copyblogger article is a good one. There's something about putting the concepts in Pooh language that makes them much more appealing.

N A Sharpe said...

Hi Patricia! I have found soooo many good articles on the Copyblogger's site. This is one of my favs!

Nancy, from Realms of Thought…

 
Template by suckmylolly.com