Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodnight, Angel




Cancer has claimed another victim today. Mary Farrah Leni Fawcett passed away this afternoon after a long valiant battle.

On February 2, 2007 her doctors proclaimed her cancer-free. All of her hard work and battles against this horrid disease had paid off; she had beaten cancer! She left some incredible words of wisdom and encouragement for others fighting this painful battle:


This is an extraordinarily happy day for me and my family. I have been on a
journey for the past four months and during this time received a tremendously
aggressive treatment which doctors initially warned me would be the most
difficult fight of my life. I was told they needed me to 'bite the bullet' and
that would require great courage and unfailing determination. In the face of
excruciating pain and uncertainly, I never lost hope and it never occurred to me
to stop fighting -- not ever. This experience has also humbledme by giving me a
trueunderstanding of what millions of others face each day in their own fight
against cancer.I hope that my news might offer some level of inspiration to
others who unfortunately must continue to fight the disease. So to those who are
still struggling toward their own victory, stay determined, 'fight the fight'
and I will keep you and your families in my thoughts and prayers. I am deeply
grateful to my team of physicians, my loving and supportive family and devoted friends who have sustained me as I battled this terrible disease, strengthened by my faith in God and the encouragement of so many
.”

Farrah was an American actress with multiple nominations for Golden Globe and Emmy awards. Her most famous role was that of Private Eye, Jill Monroe, in the highly acclaimed television series Charlie’s Angels.

She was the envy of millions everywhere with her signature flowing hair and dazzling smile. One of her most recognizable pictures is the infamous poster of her in the red bathing suit which sold a record breaking number of copies maing her a higly recognizable internationally acclaimed sex symbol of the 1970’s and 1980’s.

Tragically, the disease returned in May of 2007 and by October she was seeking “alternative cancer treatments” in Germany.

It has been a long and excruciatingly painful journey; through it all Farrah maintained her emotional and spiritual strength. Her words spoke encouragement for those left behind to continue their stouthearted personal battles against this unspeakable foe. For this she will be remembered fondly.

Goodnight, angel.
Like this post? Tweet it. Go ahead, you know you want to!

TweetIt from HubSpot

11 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

And on the same day that Michael Jackson dies...

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

N A Sharpe said...

I know!! What a loss - he had SO much talent!! I am still in shock over his death.

Nancy, from Just a Thought…

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

A difficult day for entertainment yesterday!

Farrah was a real trooper through her ordeal....

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Marvin D Wilson said...

I was listening to talk radio and one guy quipped that Michael Jackson may have died of a heart attack at the news of Farah's passing. LOL

Sorry, not to make light of the situation. This is a nice tribute post - much appreciated. :)

The Old Silly

joe doaks-Author said...

Your post is a very nice tribute. Nicely said.

A Book title and a quotation come to mind. “Look Homeward, Angel,” and, “Flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

Best regards, Galen
Imagineering Fiction Blog

N A Sharpe said...

As a cancer survivor I have to give props to those who fight the good fight. It is not an easy path to travel.

Nancy, from Just a Thought…

Alexis Grant said...

Such sad news :(

KK Brees said...

Another cancer survivor here. The cruelest news is to hear that you've beaten it, only to have it come back with a vengeance. Seen it happen more than once.

Carradine, McMahon, Fawcett, Jackson - all within such a short amount of time. And I hear that Uncle Walter is gravely ill. "In the midst of life, we are in death."

N A Sharpe said...

Alexis, it truly is sad news - a great loss of talent

Karen, I couldn't have said it better myself. You fight so hard to live and it always seems to come back worse in the next wave. There are so many who have their own personal battlefields and fall without media attention. It is just as sad. Here's to a more peaceful tomorrow.

Nancy, from Just a Thought…

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

A beautiful post, Nancy. It is so sad, but she was a brave young woman. Now she's at peace.

Bev

http://beverlystowemcclure.wordpress.com

N A Sharpe said...

Thanks, Bev.

I think that video she did about her journey with cancer was very honest and brave and her words leave those still battling the beast hope. I am glad she is now at peace. Thanks so much for stopping by

Nancy, from Just a Thought…

 
Template by suckmylolly.com